PT, Clinical Site Manager - Auburn
I became interested in physical therapy as a teenager when I learned my mother had participated in physical therapy for a year after recovering from a debilitating illness in her early twenties. I did some volunteering at a local hospital and this confirmed physical therapy was the profession for me!
I attended college at the University of New England and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy in 1992. My first job was with the Rehabilitation Institute at Mid Maine Medical Center in Waterville working primarily with neurologically involved patients. Since that time, I have worked exclusively in a variety of out—patient clinics primarily with an orthopedic population.
My love for my work and passion to help others is the motivating factor behind my commitment towards ongoing continuing education. It is through this additional training that I found my true passion; manual therapy.
I am so fortunate to be working with such a supportive organization like Greater Brunswick Physical Therapy. I was working at the Brunswick location when I finally decided to start a family. I was approached with the idea of setting up a satellite office here in Auburn so that I could be closer to my family. As a result, the Auburn location of Greater Brunswick Physical Therapy was created in May of 2004. Currently I am living in Auburn with my husband and two wonderful daughters. It is nice to be home!
- Excelling as a First-Time Manager or Supervisor. SkillPath Seminars, Lewiston, Maine -December 7, 2007
- Focus: Achieving your highest priorities. Franklin-Covey, Portland, Maine - October 25, 2007
- Powerful Communication Skills. Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Augusta, Maine - October 15, 2007
- Time Management and Organizational Skills. Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Augusta, Maine - August 6, 2007
- Central Maine Medical Center Health Care Professionals Symposium. Central Maine Medical Center, Lewiston, Maine - June 25, 2007
- Letting Go of Fear. Dialogues in Contemporary Rehabilitation, Portsmouth, New Hampshire - February 1-4, 2007
- How to Become a More Effective Supervisor. Careertrack, Augusta, Maine - January 25, 2007
- Therapeutic Yoga: Bridging Ancient Practices with Traditional Therapy Techniques. Cross Country Education, Portland, Maine – June 21, 2006