Clinical Manager, PT, MS, CMPT
My name is Terry Pratt and I have recently joined the incredible staff at GBPT as their new Clinical Manager. Though I grew up in Ontario Canada, I earned my Master’s degree at Andrews University in Michigan and have worked primarily as an orthopedic outpatient therapist in the United States for the last eleven years. This has included positions in Colorado, Olympic Physical Therapy outside of Seattle, WA and most recently at Bayview Physical Therapy in Machias ME.
In 2006, I completed the coursework to receive my Orthopedic Certification in Manual Therapy through the North American Institute (www.naiomt.com). This entails testing in areas such as differential diagnosis, biomechanical assessment, and manual treatment of the spine and extremities through oral and practical exams to finally attain the CMPT title. I am also affiliated with the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (www.aaompt.org). In addition to my certification I have taken all the available courses through the McConnell Institute (www.mcconnell-institute.com), which emphasizes biomechanical assessment and taping to use to decrease pain and re-educate functional movements.
My family and I moved to Brunswick in November of 2007 and have fallen in love with the area. The people have been welcoming and there is much opportunity both personally and professionally for us all.
I currently enjoy golf, playing the guitar, running/biking and spending time with my wife and children.
My physical therapy approach is to focus both on improving comfort and developing a practical exercise program to help restore function. My continuing education pursuits equip me with numerous techniques to accomplish this. I believe in providing personal care and connecting with each of my patients individually.
Post Professional Courses
Continuing Education Courses
- Assessment & Treatment of Patients with Vestibular Dysfunction – Jody Lockwood, MSPT, NCS, and Julie Knoll, PT, NCS. (February 21, 1998) Englewood, Colorado.
- Level II: Intermediate Lower Quadrant – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (May 17 – 22nd, 1998). Berrien Springs Michigan.
- Mulligan Concept – Mobilizations with Movement, “NAGS”, “SNAGS” AND MORE (A Lab Course) – Brian R. Mulligan, F.N.Z.S.P. (HON), DIP M.T. (February 22nd – 23rd, 1999). Colorado Springs, CO..
- Lumbar Stabilization – Shane Watson, B.PHTY., M.PHTY.St. (MAPA, MMPAA.)(October 27th – 29th, 2000). Bangor, Maine.
- Level II Intermediate Upper Quadrant – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (October 15 – 20th, 2000). Berrien Springs Michigan.
- Level III Advanced Lower Quadrant – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (September 9-14th, 2001). Berrien Springs Michigan..
- Current Concepts in Assessment and Treatment of Individuals with Post Stroke Hemiparesis. – Julie Bastille, PT. (September 22 – 23rd, 2001). Berlin, New Hampshire.
- Level III Advanced Upper Quadrant -- Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (April 7 – 12th 2002). Berrien Springs Michigan.
- Special Medical Topics for the Physical Therapist – David Musnick, MD. (September 7 – 8th, 2002). Seattle, Washington.
- The McConnell Patellofemoral Treatment Plan – Jenny McConnell, PT, GDMT, M.Biomed. En. (September 20 – 21st, 2002). Bellevue, Washington.
- Advanced Lower Quadrant – Jenny McConnell, PT, GDMT, M.Biomed. En. (September 22 – 23rd , 2002). Seattle, Washington.
- Management of Cervical and Lumbar Dysfunctions Through Thoracic Spine – Robert C. Rinke, Pt, DC, FAAOMPT. (October 12 – 13th, 2002). Renton, Washington.
- The Thorax – Restoring Function, Relieving Pain (A Lab Course) – Diane Lee, B.S.R., M.C.P.A., F.C.A.M.T. (November 15th – 16th, 2002). Portland, OR.
- The McConnell Advanced Lumbar Spine – Jenny McConnell, PT, GDMT, M.Biomed. En. (December 8th – 9th, 2002). Surrey, United Kingdom..
- Level IV: High Velocity Manipulation – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (September 21 – 26th, 2003). Berrien Springs, MI.
- The Pelvis, Relieving Pain (A Lab Course) – Diane Lee, B.S.R., M.C.P.A., F.C.A.M.T. (May 18 – 19th, 2003). Seattle, Washington.
- McConnell Approach to the Problem Shoulder – Mark Looper, MS, PT, COMPT, FAAOMPT. Bothell, Washington.
- Mobilization of the Nervous System: The Mobile Nervous System, Clinical Reasoning and Pain. (September, 2007).
- Level IV: High Velocity Manipulation: Review – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (May 11 – 16th , 2008). Berrien Springs, MI.
- Gross Anatomy – John Banks, PhD. Andrews University, Berrien Springs Michigan. (Summer Quarter, 1995.)
- Level II: Intermediate Lower Quadrant – Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (May 13th – 18th, 2000). NAIOMT – Berrien Springs Michigan.
- Level III Lower Quadrant – Part A – Ann Porter-Hoke (January 25th – 27th, 2002). NAIOMT – Seattle, Washington.
- Level III Advanced Upper Quadrant -- Erl Pettman, MCSP, MCPA, COMP. (September 27 – 29th, 2002). NAIOMT – Seattle, Washington.
- Manual Therapy Certification:. Obtained manual therapy certification through the North American Institute of Manual Therapy. (December 6th, 2006) www.naiomt.com
- REMM 217: Kinesiology – Terry Pratt, MSPT, CMPT, University of Maine: Machias. Develop and instruct a course in human movement (yearly on average) since the Fall of 2002.
- The Missing Link – Mark Looper, PT, MS, COMT, FAAOMT and Ken Cole, PT, COMT, FAAOMT. Co—taught a course on a new way to biomechanically assess and treat spinal and peripheral joint conditions. Spring 2004.