I graduated from the University of New England with my Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2008. I have worked here at Greater Brunswick Physical Therapy since then.
I have found that developing my manual therapy skills through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT) has allowed me to fully appreciate the interconnectedness of the human body. The course work and the examination process to attain my level II certification NAIOMT have allowed me to truly understand all of the complex joints of the spine, ribcage, pelvis and extremities and how the joints affect muscle function. I have learned that what appears to be small biomechanical deficits can create larger issues for patients and significant pain.
Through my own pregnancy I was lucky to have the support to learn firsthand how amazing the human body really is. I am grateful that though physical therapy I am able to help woman be able to enjoy their pregnancies more by helping to decrease pain that they may encounter. I also enjoy helping postpartum woman, from 6 weeks to 60 years, with a wide variety of issues that their childbirth may have created. I love though my work I am able to help people improve their incontinence through treatment of the pelvic floor and patient education.
I enjoy being able to combine my knowledge of Women’s Health Physical Therapy and my Orthopedic Manual Therapy skills to help patients understand the causes of their pain and to help them return to their active lives.
I live in Brunswick with my husband and son. We enjoy spending time in nature whether it is hiking, camping, sailing or kayaking. I hope to help you return to your favorite activities!
Training and Education
- Treasure of the Maine Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association 2014, 2015
- University of New England, Portland, Maine Doctor of Physical Therapy (2008)
- Stonehill College, Easton, Massachusetts B.S. Biology(2005)
- University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland (2003)
- Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment (Level 2B: Urogynecologic Examination and Treatment Interventions), Hermon and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute, Derby, CT(June 26-28, 2015)
- Peripheral Manipulation, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Terrance Pratt, PT, MS, COMT, FAAOMPT, Brunswick, ME (April 11 &12 2015)
- Pelvic Floor Function, Dysfunction and Treatment (Level 1), Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute, Hollis Herman, DPT, OCS, WCS, BCB-PMD, IF, AASECT, PRPC, Allison Ariail PT, DPT, CLT-LANA, BCB-PMD, Norwood, MA (October 24-26, 2014)
- Level II Certification, for the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy. Passing Level I, Level II Upper Quadrant, and Level II Lower Quadrant written exams. (January 16, 2013)
- Level III: Advanced Lower Quadrant, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Erl Pettman, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI (September 16-21, 2012)
- Level III: Advanced Upper Quadrant, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Gail Molloy, PT, OSC, COMT, Newton, MA, (September 23-25 and October 21-23, 2011)
- Pilates Beginner Mat Instructor Certification, Power Pilates, Brunswick, ME (August 19-21 2011)
- Thoracic Region with Manipulation, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Gail Molloy, PT, OSC, COMT, Newton, MA (April 8-10, 2011)
- Examination and Treatment of Running Injuries, Bryan Heiderscheit, PT, PhD, Scarborough, ME (March 2011)
- Level II: Intermediate Upper Quadrant, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Gail Molloy, PT, OSC, COMT, Newton, MA (September 10-12, 2010 and October 8-10, 2010)
- Level II: Intermediate Lower Quadrant, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Gail Molloy, PT, OSC, COMT, Newton, MA (February 19-21st and March 12-14th, 2010)
- Level I : Differential Diagnosis in Orthopedic Manual Therapy, North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Gail Molloy, PT, OSC, COMT, Newton, MA, ( September 11-13 and October 9-11, 2009)
- Muscle Energy for the Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Spine and Pelvis, Connecticut school of Integrative Manual Therapy, Giammatteo, Ph.D., I.M.T.,C. Portland, ME, (July/August 2009)
- Myofascial Release I –John Barnes, Portland, ME, (July 2008)
- Pregnancy and Musculoskeletal Disorders, South Portland, ME, (April 2008)