Greater Brunswick and Core Physical Therapy is here to help improve your health. By following the safety recommendations of the Maine CDC, we can provide exceptional care while mitigating the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Here is an outline of the procedures you can expect when attending an appointment. Also you can take a brief video tour of what to expect on your first visit.
Prior to your first appointment your intake phone call will additionally ask if you have had any of the following symptoms within the past 14 days:
- Fever (greater than 100.0 degrees)
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- Recently diminished sense of taste or smell
- Flu-like symptoms (chills, body aches, headaches)
And we’ll also ask the following questions:
- Have you traveled out of the state of Maine in the past 14 days?
- Have you had direct contact with anyone known or suspected of having COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
If the answer is yes to 1 or more of the symptom questions, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. These same questions will be asked when we call to confirm your next appointment and upon your arrival at each subsequent appointment.
- No visitors are allowed at this time. Please come to your appointment alone. The exception will be if you need assistance to safely reach our office. Once in our care, we’ll ask the person who assisted you to please wait in their vehicle. Your appointment will be approximately 40 minutes in length.
- Please enter our office at the time of your scheduled appointment. We want you to be the only person in our waiting room and we’ve arranged our schedules to make this possible.
- Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer will be made easily accessible upon arrival.
- Your physical therapist will check your temperature. If your temperature is above 100 degrees you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Additionally, if you have any of the above symptoms, we may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
Protective Equipment & Cleaning
- Masks will be provided for you and should be worn while in the clinic.
- Your therapist will be wearing protective equipment as per CDC guidelines
- Other PPE will be made available to you upon request.
- Your treatment space will have been thoroughly sanitized prior to your appointment.
- Weather permitting, we’ll keep the windows open to increase air flow.
Greater Brunswick and Core Physical Therapy is now offering telehealth appointments to appropriate patients to minimize the spread of COVID-19 while making physical therapy available to all those in need. Learn more about the telehealth option by clicking here.